License issues

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu May 24 19:36:47 GMT 2001

> So, all I need to do is write libsmb.so an put it in the right dir,
> and suddenly Nautilus can browse SMB shares if the user enters
> smb://server/share in the location entry.

Please note that there is an Internet Draft for the SMB URL.

See:
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crhertel-smb-url-00.txt

For more information on SMB/CIFS, see also:

  http://jcifs.samba.org/
  http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/
  http://www.ubiqx.org/libcifs/

Due to the peculiarities of the Java language, the jCIFS project (listed
above) is released under the LGPL.  Can you compile Java into a .so?

Chris -)-----