attn: DCB - reproducing Solaris ACL bug...

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Thu May 24 13:42:07 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> I have what appears to be a bug in the Solaris 8 acl()
> library function.
[...]
> The default setting for the named group 'test' is not there.
> Any thought on this one?

	Got you message, looks wrong to me too.
	A related question: is group pcmaint, mentioned in
	the output the same as group test? If not, we've
	three bugs
		1) missing default acl for group test
		2) missing normal  acl for group test
		3) spurious normal acl for group pcmaint

	Can you email me a slightly larger code snippit?
	I don't see this problem in bugtraq, and would
	like to reproduce it here...

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com