smbstatus - Server Manager

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue May 22 19:20:35 GMT 2001

Mike Rylander wrote:

> Perhaps I am not setting something up properly, but is there currently a way
> to have the NT Server Manager app retrieve the proper information?
>
> If not, it seems that most of the information that the app requests is
> available ala smbstatus, but only the share list seems to contain valid data.
> If the Server Manager did get the proper data, it seems (to the untrained
> eye) that it may not be too difficult to allow remote disconnection of users
> by domain admins.  Though, mind you, I can't offer any direct help in
> implementing this, I would be able to supply and data needed (network traces
> and whatnot).

Yes, exporting all this data (which you are correct in assuming
is available via smbstatus) via mmc and NT server manager is on
the roadmap for later 2.2.x releases.

It's a matter of filling in the relevent RPC replies correctly
(we already know most of the info levels). A "simple matter of
coding" in fact :-) :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.