2.2 CVS rpcclient (update)

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue May 22 16:40:04 GMT 2001

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Michael Sweet wrote:

> Gerald Carter wrote:
> > Hmm....Are you really using '-S <server>" because the latest
> > rpcclient code (for a while actually) does not include
> > a -S flag.
>
> Ah, but you need to update the man page, then:
>
> NAME
>        rpcclient - developer´s tool to testing client side MS-RPC
>        functions
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        rpcclient
>               [-d debuglevel] [-S server]  [-l  logbasename]  [-n
>               netbios  name]  [-N]  [-m  maxprotocol] [-I destIP]
>               [-E] [-U  username]  [-W  workgroup]  [-c  `command
>               string`]  [-t  terminalcode]  [-i scope] [-O socket
>               options] [-s smb.conf]

What man page is this from?  The latest one shows as

NAME
       rpcclient  -  tool for executing client side  MS-RPC func-
       tions

SYNOPSIS
       rpcclient server [ -A authfile ]  [ -c <command string>  ]
       [  -d  debuglevel  ]  [ -h ]  [ -l logfile ]  [ -N ]  [ -s
       <smb config file> ]  [  -U  username[%password]  ]   [  -W
       workgroup ]  [ -N ]

jerry