2.2 CVS rpcclient (update)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue May 22 12:20:26 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Mon, 21 May 2001, Michael Sweet wrote:
>
> > I've tested under IRIX (no readline) and Linux (Mandrake 7.2,
> > probably with readline); and no, adding the password on the
> > command-line doesn't seem to make any difference... :(
>
> Works fine under my Mandrake 7.2 server here.  What I bet is that
> smbd is hanging attempting to look something up.  Mayeb check for
> hosts allow/deny and DNS timeouts.  Also user lookups such as a
> ldap module used for NSS. Maybe your smbd server just got stuffed.

On both systems, and still serve up printers/files without problems?
Also, why would I get *no* messages in the log files for an rpcclient
connection, even with log level 10?

Like I said before, the Linux system is also the DNS server for our
domain, so timeouts aren't likely.  The smb.conf file has the
following allow line:

   hosts allow = 199.10.112. 127.0.0.1

We don't use LDAP here...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com