printing, locking, etc in 2.2.0

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 22 05:13:02 GMT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> What is the process id that smbstatus claims to still
> exist ? Does it still exist ? If not, then let me know
> and I'll send you a quick patch to add debug statements
> that will help track this down.

29514, and it no such process exists - it doesn't appear in
a ps listing, and kill(29514,0) does return ESRCH (I wrote
a little test program to make sure that the check in
lib/util.c:process_exists() was working properly).

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology