browse masters

synaptic at onthe.net.au synaptic at onthe.net.au
Mon May 21 04:47:17 GMT 2001

Hello All
I am following up on a thread from e-smith.org re garding browse masters
and who gets to win. the e-smith server is a server primarily aimed at
intergration with windows clients.
We are currently getting lots of strange happenings with Win 2000.
taking over the browse functions on the network. even when
OS=65+
It is the PDC and the preffered browser.
I understand how the preffered browse list works previous to win 2000.
But where does Win 2000 fit?
Are Microsoft using a new system to decide election?
How can you push it down. As most e-smith users acctually use the server
as their PDC with NO windows server on the network.

Thanks

Robert slater
sYnaptic solutions