Help Please

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue May 22 02:28:29 GMT 2001

> Ah.. That's the point I'm wondering. Are you sure?

yes

There is only 1 bit in the protocol to choose to enable unicode
(actually, that bit appears at several points in the protocol, but
thats a detail). It can be on or off, nothing else. To use unicode
varients MS would need to add another level of negotiation. If they do
that then we will think about coping with it, but until then it is
pointless.

Basically they have embedded 2 byte unicode pretty hard into the
protocol. It would be a fairly major event for them to change that.