Help Please

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon May 21 18:11:11 GMT 2001

Justin D Davis wrote:

> It is quite obvious that you have some sort of grudge against Andrew Tridgell.
> Please keep this between you and him.  I started giving something positive to
> help out when I started doing a few things to clean up the documentation.  I
> have not seen the updates implemented yet, but on the other hand I have only
> been doing anything for a very short period of time.

Now, now, please let's keep this discussion civil :-).

Kenichi is somewhat blunt and english is not his native
tongue, that's all.

The I18N points he brings up are interesting, but not relevent
as long as we must interoperate with Microsoft clients (ie.
forever :-). They use ucs2 on the wire, and nothing fancy
we do with ucs4 internally would change that fact, so it's
not useful to consider 4-byte wchar_t's in Samba.

But this is not obvious to many people, so Kenichi is helping
us by making us state this fact very clearly.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.