Samba memory malignancy under SPARC Solaris 2.6

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon May 21 18:04:25 GMT 2001

Keith Farrar wrote:

> I have observed smbd processes grow by 80 - 115 MB on my servers (two
> SPARC E450s running Solaris 3.6) within a few hours. The memory growth was
> not observed with the previous binaries (2.0.5).
>
> Unfortunately, I do not have something more useful to contribute (such as
> a patch or core file).

Can you get more details on what the specific clients to
these processes are doing ? This will help me track it
down....

One thing that might cause this is enumeration of over 1000
print jobs in a UNIX print queue. This will cause the image
to grow (but the memory is deallocated once the queue is
enumerated).

Thanks,

	Jeremy.