2GB Problem

Justin D Davis justindd at iastate.edu
Sat May 19 03:07:11 GMT 2001

I am now running RH 7.1 with the 2.4.2 kernel.  I have the RH 7.0 RPM of
samba 2.2.0 running at the moment and I seem to be having problems with a
2GB barrier.  I am trying to perform a backup of a PC using the standard MS
backup program, which makes a single file on the target drive.  Under the
2.2.x kernel, there was no support for a single file to be larger than 2GB,
however  I know this version supports it, I made a file that was roughly
9GB to test it earlier today.

I plan to try it with the CVS 2.2 version of Samba and see what
happens......but this looks like another potential problem.

Justin