Help Please

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri May 18 16:45:40 GMT 2001

Two things:

First, this really should be sent to Samba at samba.org, not to the
Samba-Tech list.  I am glad to see that you also sent this to the
sugj-tech at samba.gr.jp list, as they will have more experience with
configuring Samba for your environment.

Second...

> vi /etc/inetd.conf (backup in inetd.conf.010518)
> to add lines:
> netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait     root /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd smbd
> netbios-ns  dgram  udp wait       root /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd nmbd
> swat        stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
> swat

We generally recommend against running Samba from inetd.  Start the
daemons at boot time and let them run.

Chris -)-----