Codepages proposal ...
sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu May 17 23:02:56 GMT 2001
Having looked at the codepages issue, I think that the following should be
1. Codepages should be sent to /usr/share/samba/codepages if you are
building an FHS compliant system.
2. The various packaged should install them in /usr/share/samba/codepages.
Esp RedHat and Caldera etc
3. They should be installed in the standard location if you are not trying
to be FHS compliant (ie /usr/local/samba/...)
4. The source does not seem to need to be installed. No one should need it,
unless they want to develop a new codepage, in which case they can pull the
whole Samba source.
5. There may be issues with packages like the RedHat RPM in changing the
location of code pages. That is, the old locations may need to be cleaned up.
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)
Contributing author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba
More information about the samba-technical