Samba 2.2.1 Showstopper (was: Stste of Roaming Profiles)

David Schwarz dave at deakin.edu.au
Thu May 17 23:19:20 GMT 2001

Gerald,

you asked
> We're working on it.  Just out of curiousity, what fix
> in SP2 is critical for you?

The Bug we have to fix, and is fixed in SP2, is the time that My Computer
takes to display all the network shares when you click on it.

This problem is caused it seems by the workstation doing a RPC to see if
there is a Job Scheduler on the server the share is on, before it shows the
share.

The time taken for the share to then display, seems to be dependent on how
long the RPC call takes to time out.

This problem is documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but only on
Netware and Win98 shares, I assume the bug is the same on Samba.

The Article IDs are Q269590 and Q245800

Dave...