more work to be done....

Christopher Travers einhverfr at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 20:00:56 GMT 2001

Well, I have designed an improv bug tracking system for SAMBA since
volunteering.  I simply need to impliment it, if we decide to go this route.

Ideally, myself and a few others would have administrative privaleges.  The
bugs would be marked either tentative, confirmed, or patched (with version),
along with a title, brief description, and steps to reproduce behavior.  The
public would have access to a web page built on this information.

The idea would be to provide a dynamic resource for sysadmins and developers
(what to expect, what needs fixing, what not to do, etc.).   Since my
original posting, others have volunteered server space if necessary, and I
should have server space starting next month on a much higher-band-width
server.

I agree that assigning priorities is a pointless task in this development
model (anyone who finds it a high priority can be responsible for submitting
a patch).  Again, the coding for this would likely be trivial, but it may
prove useful, if that is what people would like to see.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers