more work to be done....

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu May 17 18:53:35 GMT 2001

> But... why not use an actual bug tracking system?  It may be more effort to
> set up, but in the long run it may be a better solution.

Tridge even wrote a bug tracking systems once.  The problem is, our
development model doesn't match the bug-tracking model.  We don't assign
priorities to bugs or bugs to coders.  We each tackle the problems which
growl at us loudest and which we are most capable of taming.

That's why I suggested a bulletin board.  Post the problem, and collect
data on the problem (and ignore the collateral whining that will surely
collect as well).  In some cases we need a substantial amount of data in
order to understand, reproduce, or even recognize a problem.

Chris -)-----