update on Win2k SP2

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu May 17 06:20:17 GMT 2001

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:15:50PM -0700, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2001, Gerald Carter wrote:
>
> > Win2k SP2 uses an SAMR_SET_USERINFO call with an info level
> > of 0x1a (26).  A Windows NT 4 SP5 PDC will respond with
> > a RPC fault - status 0x1c000006.  The Win2k SP2 client will
> > then back down to a SAMR_SET_USERINFO of info level 0x18.
> >
> > Just an fyi....I'm still working on it.
>
> Well I got a SP2 client to join a Samba domain, but a user cannot login
> It's a horrible hack.  Basically, on a failed RPC (such as
> api_samr_set_userinfo() returning False), i set a fault PDU and returned
> true from api_rpcTNP() so the client could still issue RPC on the pipe.
>
> Funny though, the Win2k client does not drop down to a lower
> info level for SET_USERINFO...

When you say "rpc fault", do you actually mean an error
code rather than a "fault". ie. if the SAMR_SET_USERINFO
level 0x1a returns with status set to 0x1c000006 instead
of status zero then isn't that the same as an NT response.

Can you send me the .cap file for the W2Ksp2 -> NT4 SP5 PDC
join domain transaction ?

I think we need to not ship 2.2.1 until we have this fixed.

Thanks,

		Jeremy.