connection problem from DOS

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu May 17 05:22:01 GMT 2001

Hmmm, please wrap your lines ...

At 09:34 PM 5/16/01 -0700, =?UNKNOWN?B?wwwwwwwwwwww?= wrote:
>My office have many old computers using MS-DOS and connected to a Netware
File
>Server. I have added a Linux Samba Server to the network and tried to
connect
>to it with MS Client 3.0 for Dos using the command "net start". However the
>computer hangs while connecting. When I tried to connect to either server
ONLY
>there is no problem. Is there an incompatibility with Netware servers? Or
did
>I set anything wrong. My smb.conf file is attached with this email. I am
using
>Samba version 2.2.0 with Redhat Linux 7.0. This is an urgent matter and I
hope
>that you can reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Well, Mr Chan, since you seem to be using Samba in a commercial enterprise,
perhaps you would be so kind as to contact one of the consultants in HK and
offer him or her some money to fix your urgent problem.

>Chan Kwun Hok
>17/05/2001
>HKISS.COM
>Hong Kong Internet Storage Service
>Build your own website at http://www.hkiss.com
>

>HKEM.COM
>Sent by Hong Kong E-Mail at http://www.hkem.com
>It's free. It's easy. Sign up your account Now!
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\smb17.con"

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)