Samba caching directory handles? (Writes to incorrect home dir)

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue May 15 12:43:47 GMT 2001

> Even after we invalidate the vuid and without another session setup?
> The people who were reporting this inidcated that the 'last' output
> kindly provided by samba's utmp support indicated that the user was NOT
> logged on at the time the files were created.

That's the bit I'm skeptical about. It's worth looking into as it
would be a *very* serious bug but I am highly skeptical that it is
happening as you describe. A bug in the statcache code alone could not
do that, we'd need to have a bug in become_user() or the vuid map.

> We also NTP sync all the servers and clients, so I know the times should
> be correct.

Little things to check for are that utmp entries are taking into
account DST in the same way the client is. That 1 hour could make all
the difference.