Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON a red herring?

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon May 14 15:51:38 GMT 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001 04:22:28 Axel Thimm wrote:

> Yesterday I "cvs up"ed and compiled SAMBA_2_2, but
> the Failed to marshall errors are still there.
> Furthermore the system is a alpha-dec-osf4.0b,
> which has no pam support (although there is a pam
> equivalent, SIA)
>
> Nevertheless the system runs quite stable.

Thanks for the reports.  I don;t think we have even addressed
these in any way.  Ignore them for now.  I would have to check
the logs further to remember why causes the RPC to fail.
I do remember that the NT/2000 client issues another (correct)
sequence of RPCs for logons following the failure.

cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org