e: Problem to use VFS modules

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Sat May 12 19:31:52 GMT 2001

On May 12, 2001, Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> wrote:

> Strange, in all the years that we have been supporting those OS's
> (HP-UX in particular), we've never had a program or lib that
> needed re-linking.

Link the program with a shared library using a full pathname in the -L
switch that points to the directory in which the linker should find
the library.  Then, install the library and the program.  Then,
replace the library in the build tree with a different version, that
does something different.  Run the installed program, and watch it use
the library in the build tree.  Then, watch the security bug report to
bugtraq about the ability to get the program to do something else by
installing a new library in /tmp/build/foo :-)