Possible MD5 implementations/licencing for NTLMv2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat May 12 01:59:27 GMT 2001

Since the knock-back of my previous NTLMv2 patch on licensing concerns,
I have done a bit of research:

The mhash project licenses their work under the LGPL, and the file we
are interested in -
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mhash/mhash/lib/md5.c has
even less restrictions, and appears to be the same file I brought over
from Samba-TNG, but without the additional copyright problems.

The mhash homepage is mhash.sourceforge.net

There are also implementations listed on the unofficial md5 homepage:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/cs/md5/md5.html

Basically, before I go any further with this, which
implementations/licences are acceptable and should I just throw the code
into samba, or use it as a library (presuming I use mhash)?

Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au

abartlet at pcug.org.au