SAMBA_2_2 CVS in production?

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 10 15:22:33 GMT 2001

Hi Folks,

What would be the team's view of (clueful :-)) sites trying to use a
snapshot of the 2.2 CVS branch on a production server? Reading through
the mailing lists I can see that since the release of 2.2.0 there have
been various bugs found and patched ("this is fixed for 2.2.1").

Can I get away with using the CVS branch as a sort of "2.2.0 + fixes",
pending the release of 2.2.1? (I'm suppose looking for something
analogous to, for instance, tracking the STABLE branch of FreeBSD).

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology