e: Problem to use VFS modules

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon May 7 14:23:11 GMT 2001

REYNAUD Jean-Samuel wrote:
> So (I'm not sure but) I thing that smbd must be linked with the
> -rdynamic (for gcc or --export-dynamic for ld).
> In fact, the Makefile.in may be modified as :
> diff -u Makefile.in Makefile.in.dynamic
> +       @$(CC) $(FLAGS) -rdynamic -o $@ $(SMBD_OBJ) $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)

First, this isn't portable, even for different versions of GCC...

Second, many platforms don't even need this type of option - it is
automatically used unless you provide "-static" (or a similar option)
to statically link the application.

Soo, I'd make this something that configure adds to LDFLAGS based on
the OS and compiler.

(no, I don't think this is reason enough to use libtool!)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com