TDB on OpenBSD problem.

Andrew Tridgell tridge at sevenofnine.su.valinux.com
Mon May 7 12:50:08 GMT 2001

> I just tested the new smbd on the machine where I originally had the
> problem with connections.tdb.  Unfortunately, the problem has not
> gone away.  It only takes a few seconds before connections.tdb
> becomes huge.

Please check whether tdbtorture runs correctly on this machine. You
don't need to shutdown Samba to test this. Make sure that tdb is
compiled with mmap when you build tdbtorture.

> Maybe something to do with re-establishing connections?

I doubt it. I think there are two likely causes:

1) you are somehow managing to run the old smbd without the tdb
   patch. (no insult intended, its just this sort of mistake
   ends up explaining a rather large proportion of bug reports, so I
   have to ask)

2) there is some other way in which tdb depends on mmap/io coherency.

I'd concentrate on stressing tdb with tdbtorture on this machine and
see if the test.tdb grows to huge sizes.

Cheers, Tridge