TDB on OpenBSD problem.

samba-technical at thewrittenword.com samba-technical at thewrittenword.com
Fri May 4 14:22:20 GMT 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 06:38:43AM -0700, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> > I think I've just reproduced it using tdbtorture on a OpenBSD vmware
> > session. I'm looking into it.
>
> I now have a tiny test program that shows the basic problem. It seems
> that on OpenBSD mmap and read are not coherent. I've written to Theo
> to ask him about it.
>
> Can those of you seeing the tdb expansion bug please try the following
> test program and see if it reports an error.

hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20:
  mismatch at 3000 (17 0)
  not equal on line 57!
hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00:
  mismatch at 3000 (17 0)
  not equal on line 57!

Tests fine on:
  mips-sgi-irix6.2, mips-sgi-irix6.5, alpha-dec-osf4.0d,
  alpha-dec-osf5.0, sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, sparc-sun-solaris2.6,
  sparc-sun-solaris2.7, sparc-sun-solaris2.8

I checked the patches for 10.20 and don't see anything obvious we have
not installed that could help. Haven't checked for 11.00 yet.

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)