TDB on OpenBSD problem.
don_mccall at hp.com
Fri May 4 02:53:49 GMT 2001
I've got a 10.20 box I can test this out on - would you send me your
smb.conf file, and your swlist output so I can see what patches you are
running on your 10.20 system; If I can get a couple of hours free from my
REAL job I'll try to reproduce the situation and do some instrumentation to
track it down....
From: Virginia Norling [mailto:vmn at bom.gov.AU]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 20:42
To: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: TDB on OpenBSD problem.
I've just joined this list because I had a problem when I upgraded to
samba 2.2.0 on a HP-UX 10.20 machine. I searched the lists to see
whether the problem had been noticed before and if there was a fix.
I used configure with only the --prefix option and the HP Ansi C compiler.
There were no problems in the configuration, compilation or installation.
However, within a few minutes of starting the new samba, the connections.tdb
file grew so much that the file system ran out of space.
Jeremy Alison wrote:
> The code that causes a tdb to grow is in tdb_expand() in tdb/tdb.c.
> Can you instrument this code with DEBUG level zeros to try and track
> down what is causing the gig expansion. That level of expansion would
> point to a bug in the interaction between tdb and mmap or fcntl.
> This problem hasn't been seen on other platforms as far as I know,
> if you have a completely reproducible case for this I'm very interested
> in helping you track it down.
This system is a 9000/813/D330 running HP-UX 10.20
I am running the upgraded version of samba with no problems on a
running HP-UX 11.0.
More information about the samba-technical