TDB on OpenBSD problem.

Virginia Norling vmn at bom.gov.AU
Fri May 4 00:42:13 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've just joined this list because I had a problem when I upgraded to
samba 2.2.0 on a HP-UX 10.20 machine.  I searched the lists to see
whether the problem had been noticed before and if there was a fix.

I used configure with only the --prefix option and the HP Ansi C compiler.
There were no problems in the configuration, compilation or installation.

However, within a few minutes of starting the new samba, the connections.tdb
file grew so much that the file system ran out of space.

Jeremy Alison wrote:
> The code that causes a tdb to grow is in tdb_expand() in tdb/tdb.c.
> Can you instrument this code with DEBUG level zeros to try and track
> down what is causing the gig expansion. That level of expansion would
> point to a bug in the interaction between tdb and mmap or fcntl.
>
> This problem hasn't been seen on other platforms as far as I know,
> if you have a completely reproducible case for this I'm very interested
> in helping you track it down.

This system is a 9000/813/D330 running HP-UX 10.20
I am running the upgraded version of samba with no problems on a 9000/831/D350
running HP-UX 11.0.

Virginia