LDAP and expired accounts ...

C.Lee Taylor ( LeeNX ) leet at leenx.co.za
Thu May 3 16:09:25 GMT 2001

> I'm trying to work on both of these.  The PAM stuff in 2.2
> can potentially give you the expired account support you
> need.  The LDAP stuff is just in my head at the moment.
    I know that this great coding machine has it on there list ... I even
know that you guys are working on it ... I was just hoping that I could loan
your head for a short period of time so that I might be able to get some of
the LDAP stuff out of it ... I would like to help, but I am unable to ...
not a programmer, can't even speak English correctly so doc's would just
confuse the masses ... but I am pretty good at something ... just have not
figured it out yet ...

    As for the expired accounts, I am looking for the part the Windows
requests that the user change there password ... one of the company's that I
support are tightening up there security and would like to see this ... no,
I am not demanding this ... I know you guys have allot more to work with
that something like this ... just moving to LDAP from what I have seen with
the TNG project, I might have to move the client to that, but prefer to run
with standard Samba ... if you know what I mean ...

    Again, thanks guys ...

Mailed
Lee