Have you tried the latest XFS and Samba

John Trostel jtrostel at connex.com
Thu May 3 14:36:26 GMT 2001

The problem I was having was recently fixed by Jeremy in the Samba code.  I'm
not sure but I suspect it was particular to the kind of setup we have here.
There is no PDC running so the Samba machine was running standalone. Probably a
situation uncommon in bigger NT groups.

Anyway, thanks.  The problem is now fixed.

On 02-May-2001 Juergen Hasch wrote:

> John M Trostel schrieb:
>>
>> You mentioned that Samba & XFS still work together for you. I wonder if
>> it is a strictly winNT problem or not. I downloaded CVS snapshots for
>> the past few weeks and discovered that the last CVS that works with my
>> XFS system was from the CVS no later than April 22. Could you check to
>> see what date your Samba source is from?
>
> I am using the CVS trees from April 30 (XFS and Samba 2.2). I'll
> try this on a test machine at work. We have a lot of NT machines there.

SGI is pretty close to changing the way acl_get_file and acl_get_fd (the basis
for sys_acl_get_file and sys_acl_get_fd) to return more standard errors.  The
problem being thrashed out now is trying to agree just what the 'standard'
really means (c:

I finally found ENOTSUPP.  It turns out that it is in /usr/include/bit/errno.h,
which gets included in /usr/include/errno.h.  It's just
        #define ENOTSUPP EOPNOTSUPP

--
John M. Trostel
Linux OS Engineer