I can't print with Samba for Solaris 2.6 in two model Printers: HP DesignJet 755CM (plotter) and HP Laserjet 6P

Carles Garcia cgarcias at aj-viladecans.es
Thu May 3 11:38:13 GMT 2001

At the rest of my network printers, I don't have any problem.

Can you help me to solve the next printing problems ?

PROBLEM 1. Printer HP DesignJet 755CM (plotter)
When I send a job from my computer using Autocad LT to this plotter, It show in its digital control pannel such it was reciving data, but after blinking this messages, it losts the job and doesn't print it.

PROBLEM 2. Printer HP LaserJet
It prints at the top of all documents printed the char u .

At the moment, I solve these problems using a Server NT 4.0 with HP JetAdmin Software and configuring the PC the port Jetdirect of this Server.

I would like to use Samba with these printers for having ony a printer server.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully;

Carles Garcia