Failure Analysis of Samba (4/23) with NT

Thu May 3 07:28:35 GMT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:08:27PM -0400, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Do you have any ideas on the best default to set for 2.2.1 ?
> I'm CC:ing this to samba-technical to get more feedback.

Maybe it would be best to ignore 'create mask' completely after the file has
been created. After that the user explicitly says what he wants. And it's
completely unix semantics to give the user the ability to change his acls. I
always understood 'create mask' as a hack around not having the concept of
umask in SMB.

Volker