TDB on OpenBSD problem.

Jason Coene jason at dhnw.net
Wed May 2 21:45:05 GMT 2001

Jeremy,

It is not starting at such a high number. The log files overflow
(and log.smbd.old is created, then its replaced by another old, etc. etc.)
before i can stop the smbd process (and children). I always delete the
/var/spool/lock/* files (thats where my tdb files go), and the log files
before testing a new build.

I do have some more information about the error.

It seems to happen when two computers connect. A Typical Scenario:

1) computer JASON WIN2K (not domain member) connects to server ESKIMO.
   Reads lots of files, everything works great.
2) computer BILLY NT40W (not domain member) connects to server ESKIMO.
   Before eskimo gives a share listing, it spits all the TDB information.
3) smbd forks multiple times, and when killing the parent PID,
   the children do NOT die immediately. It takes multiple kill -9's to the
   children to fix the error.

I tried capping the size (if tdb->max_size >= MAX_SIZE_I_DECLARE)
return -1 in tdb_expand, it worked. Clients can connect, until
it starts logging "no more connections allowed". After 2 pc's connect
to 3 shares each, the max. connections are used. The MAX_SIZE_I_DECLARE
was around 1600KB. The PC # and share # are very rough, i only tried this
in a few diff. scenarios. 6 seems to be the magic number of shares, though,
not including 1 connect to each pc.

tdb_expand runs nicely a few times, all expanding to 8192 until it goes
berzerk.

I tried looking at tdb_allocate. It seems to be the only function that calls
tdb_expand, and tdb_store seems to be the only function to call
tdb_allocate.
Am i correct in this assumption?

Regards,

Jason Coene