ZDNet reviews Samba 2.2

Michael B. Allen mballen at erols.com
Wed May 2 06:42:09 GMT 2001

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 08:14:32AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> eWeek reviewed Samba 2.2 at :
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2712294,00.html

"... had to reverse-engineer the proprietary protocols Microsoft Corp. uses
to authenticate users and systems over the network-using, in many cases,
nothing but a packet sniffer."

I'm just curious but can someone describe to me what it's like trying
to decode RPC messages? That's nothing like RAP calls right? How in the
world do you know what the fields are? How can you even tell, for example,
wheather or not some bytes are two sorts or an int or dead space?

Mike

--
signature pending