TDB on OpenBSD problem.

Jason Coene jason at dhnw.net
Tue May 1 18:39:58 GMT 2001

Chris (and the samba team),

I ran the configure script as root.
I manually installed this version (no make install). The files are not left
over
from the tdb test. I am using the release 2.2, not the development cvs.

Here's some more insight to the problem:

	I have tried this on 3 OpenBSD systems. All were able to reproduce the
problem.
	Even just doing tar zxvf archive; ./configure; make; make install on one
machine
	proved to create the error within an hour of startup.

	Debug level 3 does not reveal any real problems.

	Even NMBD is producing the same problem, which leads me to believe strongly
	that it is a TDB problem, and not the smbd/nmbd/lib code that interfaces
with the tdb database.

	When i kill the thread that is causing the problem (or i i think is the
problem
	because it is using 80% cpu time), the problem continues. A new thread is
created
	and it continues increasing the size of the file and eating more cpu time.

	When two clients connect concurrently, both threads (assuming one thread
per client)
	create the problem.

Any Samba developers, or someone with good knowledge of the TDB system have
any insight
of what this may be? The problem files are connections.tdb (seems to be a
NMB problem, gets big
when i open network neighborhood and the server responds), locking.tdb
(definetly SMB, it gets
big when i open a file in explorer), and brlock.tdb (have not gotten into
this yet, but it gets big :])

All of these files normally capped at 8kb grow to gigs in a matter of
minutes...

Regards,

Jason Coene