Samba and PAM

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Sat Mar 31 05:04:49 GMT 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Eric Reischer wrote:

> I know, but I wasn't aware of an NSS module for kerberos.  Do you know of
> one?

What would 'an NSS module for kerberos' mean?  NSS's job is to provide
username->(uid,gid) mappings, determine homedirs/shells, etc.  AFAIK, Kerberos
doesn't typically provide this information.  Normally, one uses a network
directory such as NIS, Hesiod, or LDAP in conjunction with Kerberos.  If you
have such a directory service already running on the network, chances are
there's an NSS module for it.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer