Can Any one give me some design documents of samba.

Karthikeyan karthik_m at techmas.hcltech.com
Fri Mar 30 05:17:26 GMT 2001

Hi guys,
           I am workin in samba,I am trying to provide the ACL support
for linux ext2 file system.
and we plan to modify all the places where the samba checks permission
from the unix inode and
make samba get the permissions from the ACL list we are storing along
with the inode of each file.
As I  have just started to work(browse source code of samba-2.0.7) on
samba.I find it difficult to
get the control flow .
I would be happy if I any one can help me  in this task.
If you guys  can give me some write up of the design of samba and
control flow it will be of more help.
If we put this up in this group it will be easy for the new guy to pick
up easily.
with regards
karthik