International charset in path/file names

Matthew Geier matthew at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 02:04:12 GMT 2001

Kenichi Okuyama wrote:

> By the way, if you're going to use samba-2.0.7, you'll find many
> multi-byte bugs there. Go :
>
> http://www.samba.gr.jp/project/samba-ja/index.html.en
>
> and get this Samba-Japanese Edition. It fixes lots of other bugs in
> 2.0.7 too.
> # Some are already applied to 2.2alpha as well.

 Unfortunatly it appears this will not work for me - it wont work with
security=server, the password server being a 2.2alpha2 system. The
passwords are always rejected.
 The sama alpha2 'password server' talks to another 2.0.7 install fine.
 Do your multi-byte patches do something to the password path ?

Matthew Geier			matthew at arts.usyd.edu.au
Arts IT Unit			+61 2 9351 4713
Sydney University