2.2.0alpha3: Still trouble with document defaults

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 26 14:07:09 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have already posted several times a message about my printing troubles
with document defaults concerning samba 2.2.0alpha2. I now tried alpha3
but the problem still remains:

I can install a printer driver on the samba server without any trouble.
Setting document defaults (Page Size, duplexer installed) seems to work,
the setting are saved (somewhere). But applications don't care of what I
tell them in these defaults: Paper Size is always assumed to be "Letter"
(in alpha2 it was always "Legal") instead of the configured "A4".

We have an NT print server installed as well - printing works fine there,
so it isn't an NT Problem.

Any hints or other information?

This is samba2.2.0alpha3 on Solaris 2.6, NT 4.0, Service Pack 6a, German.

Thanx,

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb