ACL database

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Mon Mar 26 13:08:26 GMT 2001

> I suggested this a *long* time ago (couple of years, before the VFS layer
> IIRC) and was shot down in flames, for ease-of-use, engineering and
> performance reasons. I'll be very interested to see if this works.

yep, Jeremy and I have been very reluctant to bypass the unix security
system and start doing file permission checks in smbd. We are coming
around to it now however as it looks like it will be the only way to
get full NT filesystem semantics in an appliance like device.

Luckily we can now do this via the new vfs stuff, so it can be tried
without a major rework of the core code.