Patch for Solaris 8.

John Murray jmurray at cisco.com
Thu Mar 22 19:44:27 GMT 2001

I ran into this on solaris 2.6 as well.

Please post the patch here.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-technical-admin at us5.samba.org
[mailto:samba-technical-admin at us5.samba.org]On Behalf Of PJ Waskiewicz
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 9:55 AM
To: samba-technical at us5.samba.org
Subject: Patch for Solaris 8.

Hi.  I'm writing to see if a patch is wanted, and if so, where to submit it,
for getting Samba-2.2.0alpha2 to compile under Solaris 8.  I found that
inet_aton is not in the default libraries (nsl and socket) and therefore had
to be replaced with equivalent net functions (inet_addr and inet_makeaddr).
Any thoughts?  (It was a trivial fix...).  By the way, Samba did compile and
is running as a PDC, so the patch worked, as far as I can see ;-).  The file
in question is smbd/password.c.

Cheers,
PJ Waskiewicz
pj at waskiewicz.org