Compile error on CVS

Stan Sander ssande at sandia.gov
Sat Mar 17 03:23:30 GMT 2001

Stan Sander wrote:

> Compiling client/smbmount.c
> client/smbmount.c: In function `parse_mount_smb':
> client/smbmount.c:767: parse error before `<'
> client/smbmount.c:771: malformed floating constant
> make: *** [client/smbmount.o] Error 1
>
> I downloaded a cvs update within the past hour.
>
> Thanks and keep up the great work!!

The problem looks to me like a commit or patch that didn't apply
correctly.  At line 766 of smbmount.c  there is an slprintf statement that
belongs

 766                          } else {
   767  <<<<<<< smbmount.c
   768                                  slprintf(p, sizeof(pstring) - (p -
options), "%s=%s,", opts, opteq+1);
   769  =======
   770                                  slprintf(p, sizeof(pstring) - (p -
options) - 1, "%s=%s,", opts, opteq+1);
   771  >>>>>>> 1.30.4.3

I edited my copy  so that the second statement (containing the -1) was the
only one remaining and it compiled ok.

I tried another cvs update before doing this just in case it was my
connection, but the file did not change, so it looks like it may be in the
cvs tree that way.  BTW this is the Samba 2 2 tree.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects      Sandia National Laboratories
(505) 284-4915                          Mail Stop 0662