Invalid handle using SAMBA_2_2 from CVS...

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Wed Mar 14 17:32:17 GMT 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 08:12:56AM -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> Attached is another run; longer log files this time (dunno why),
> but the same error on the NT client: "RPC Server Not Available".

Ok, I took a look and it isn't the RPC handle issue, your
client is failing as it's trying to use a pipe handle
(pnum, similar to a file handle fnum) that is no longer
valid (ie. was opened on a previous smbd).

You might want to try rebooting this client, restarting
smbd and trying again.

I still firmly maintain the changes to the LSA handle
code (which are a layer *below* the pipe handles) should
fix your problem :-).

Cheers,

		Jeremy.