Invalid handle using SAMBA_2_2 from CVS...

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Mar 13 20:36:06 GMT 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 09:32:04AM -0500, Paul Sanders wrote:
> G'morn to all:
>
> Is it possible that there was a problem with SAMBA_2_2 CVS yesterday?  I built
> two servers from scratch using RHL6.2 and samba 2.2 from cvs [about 9 am EST].
> I set up printcap and smb.conf [actually ripped from a functioning server and
> modified for these boxes...] and all looked well.  Problem occured when
> attempting to print from NT or W2K - I recieved an "Invalid Handle" error and
> nothing queues.  I forgot to mention that test prints from printtool and Webmin
> worked as expected as does injecting a job via smbclient [ echo "blah blah blah"
> | smbclient "//server/queue" -U% -c "put - f" ].

Try CVS updating 2.2 and trying again. I just moved the
RPC handle code to a per pipe-name list, rather than a
per pipe list.

This will allow NT clients to use the same handle between
two different instances of a SPOOLSS pipe, which should
fix the problem you're seeing (it does here).

Thanks,

		Jeremy.