2.2 alpha status.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Mar 9 07:33:06 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         FYI: I just checked and the 2.2 CVS is serving out user
> lists correctly to a Win9x box (hurrah !). I'm now going
> to work on Gerald's ACL bug with WinNT, and add in the DOS
> wildcard hack (until Andrew fixes it properly) and we should
> be ready for another alpha.
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Jeremy Allison,
>         Samba Team.
>
> PS. Keep bugging me about your favourite patches....

There is my PAM patch (with free, GPL comptabile licence -
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses).

(Some of the code in my PAM patch was ripped from OpenSSH, which is
licenced under a modified BSD licence, identified in the above link as
GPL compatable.  It does not contain the advertising clause.)

This patch adds PAM account support for encrypted passwords, which adds
account expiration for encrypted passwords.  It also adds session
support, allowing limits to be applied to user activity.

It has been tested at Hawker College, where we have over 300 users and a
large number of logins per day.  There are so far no ill reports.

abartlet at pcug.org.au