Smb Kernel Retry and SSL

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu Mar 1 22:39:30 GMT 2001

samba at samba.org is the right list for this question.

> Running 2.0.7-21
>
> Feb 22 12:42:41 server1 kernel: smb_trans2_request: result=-32, setting
> invalid
> Feb 22 12:42:41 server1 kernel: smb_retry: sucessful, new pid=32561,
> generation=4
>
> Is this a bug?  I have removed the system from the domain, erased the SID's,
> reset the computer account, rejoined the domain and still get this error.

It's not a bug and it's not even a problem (shouldn't be anyway). That is
why the second message says "sucessful". It is caused by the server
disconnecting and smbfs/smbmount reconnecting.

It would be nice to delay the error message until after the retry and be
quiet if all goes well. Currently it is a bit verbose.

> Also, running "smbclient -L server"  I am getting this error:
> SSL:  Error error setting CA cert locations: error: 00000000::lib(0)
> :func(0) :reason(0) trying default locations.
>
> I wasn't even aware that I was requesting SSL.

You don't have to if your samba is compiled with ssl support, which RH7
does (guessing from the "2.0.7-21" version name). If it annoys you I think
you can disable it with "ssl = no" in smb.conf. Again, it looks like an
error but it can be safely ignored.

/Urban