FW: RPC restructuring finished (mostly).

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Thu Mar 1 10:10:08 GMT 2001

> I've been catching these issues with insure, and I
> then copy the relevent structures out of the talloc'ed
> areas before storage. There are less of these than you
> might think - and memory leaks are not acceptible in a
> long lived daemon.

... then why not fix those few? :)

so.  important question.

you can guarantee that in both the client-side and the server-side code,
the user-or-consumer (being client and server respectively) is responsible
for freeing memory, and that the marshalling/unmarshalling's use of memory
is therefore effectively transparent?

remember the NetApiBufferFree() function that has to be called for the
usage of the NET* API?

luke