free disk space bug in 2.2

Michael Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at usa.alcatel.com
Fri Jun 29 14:49:00 GMT 2001

Silly me, I missed the real issue here.

I would like to be able to tell users that the amount of free space is the
amount of their quota that they have left.  If they see that their share is
getting kinda full and the MIN() method is used, they may waste time doing
cleanup (debatable, I know) when the real issue is that the sysadmin needs
to deal with the overcommitted disk space.

Perhaps the thing to do is have the --enable-snmp option added and have a
trap sent when someone's available quota space is larger than free space on
the disk.

Mike