free disk space bug in 2.2

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Jun 29 13:57:52 GMT 2001

Patrick Scharrenberg and I have been discussing a bug in quotas on
2.2.

After some additional testing, he wrote:
> I have a user without quotas => Win2k reports 5.29 Gig of free disk space,
> which is correct
> but when I enable 10 GIG of quotas for this user => win2k reports 9,53 gig
> of free space :-((
> Linux Kernel is 2.4.5
> Samba is 2.2.0

	This implies something seriously bogus, as the
	code says
		(*dfree) = MIN(*dfree,dfree_q);
	which should[1] work.

--dave
[1. "should", however, is a word that only applies to
     beings with volition]
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com