Take Ownership

jtrostel at connex.com jtrostel at connex.com
Thu Jun 28 18:08:35 GMT 2001

When clicking the 'Take Ownership' button in the Security/Ownership dialog,
I don't see what code is actually executed within samba.  I have a (highly)
modified Linux/XFS system that now supports delete, change ownership, and
change permission ACLs, but getting the 'Take Ownership' button to actually do
something is a stopping point for me.

It looks like the code that follows in smbd/posix_acls.c might be run, but I
never see the dgbtext output in front of it in my log files.

         /*
         * Do we need to chown ?
         */
        dbgtext(" CONNEX: about to do chown check\n");
        if((user != (uid_t)-1 || grp != (uid_t)-1) && (orig_uid != user ||
orig_gid != grp)) {

// CONNEX was set to debug level 3
                DEBUG(1,("set_nt_acl: chown %s. uid = %u, gid = %u.\n",
                                fsp->fsp_name, (unsigned int)user, (unsigned
int)grp ));

                if(vfs_chown( fsp->conn, fsp->fsp_name, user, grp) == -1) {
                        DEBUG(1,("set_nt_acl: chown %s, %u, %u failed. Error =
%s.\n",
                                fsp->fsp_name, (unsigned int)user, (unsigned
int)grp, strerror(errno) ));
                        return False;
                }

--